Sector Based Work Academy Tutors (Nationwide)
Salary: Negotiable (Freelance, PT and FT opportunities)
35 hours per week
Travel (by own arrangement) to centres throughout the UK.
Purpose & Objectives
To assist in the development of training programmes, as required, to meet the needs of the local/national job market.
To deliver training, as required, to meet the demands of the local/national job market in locations throughout the UK.
To work with all kickstart2employment staff to foster a supportive training environment for learners.
1. Design schemes of work and session plans for the delivery of training that are adaptable and suitable for the needs of learners, ensuring they meet the required awarding body standards for the qualifications being delivered.
2. Organisation of the provision of teaching materials and other resources.
3. Accurate and timely completion of the necessary paperwork required under the prime funding partners' contract requirements.
4. Delivery of training programmes, setting of objectives for individual learners based on their particular needs, including decisions about how to maximise the learner's potential to gain employment.
5. Ensure programmes are delivered in accordance with the company's quality policies and procedures.
6. Assess each learner's portfolio of evidence, provide feedback and sign off the award when all the requirements have been met.
7. Work with mentors to guide and train them, counter sign non-qualified staff evidence and assessment decisions, if applicable.
8. Monitor and evaluate the programme's progress on a regular basis.
9. Abide by the Code of Conduct for the Centre and supervise learner behaviour.
10. Ensure necessary records are kept and Health & Safety guidelines are met.
11. To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the Head of Delivery (or nominated representative) from time to time in consultation with the postholder.
12. To play a full role as a member of the kickstart2employment team.
Experience of recent planning and delivery of training programmes and workshops.
Knowledge of the training industry or experience in the warehousing/logistics industry.
Experience of leading training programmes efficiently and effectively or willingness to learn.
Record of effective involvement in initiatives and innovations to deliver training.
Able to work with difficult to engage learners with broad range of attainments.
Excellent people skills, team working skills and communication skills (both written and oral).
Able to use ICT as a learning/assessing tool.
Able to set objectives, work within timescales and determine priorities.
Able to evaluate the performance of learners and analyse achievement data.
Effective organisation and administration skills.
Able to work flexibly during the day and travel to various locations throughout the UK, as required.
Recognised teaching qualification, employability training or willing to work towards relevant qualifications.
Holds or willing to work towards assessor award.
Holds or willing to work towards internal verifier award.
Internal: Head of Delivery, Area Manager, IQA team, Senior Management of kickstart2employment, learners
External: SV/EV, local job centres, employment agencies, referral agencies, awarding bodies, external trainers
The postholder will be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of him/herself in accordance with the company's policy and the Health & Safety At Work Act, 1974.
The postholder will be required to work in accordance with kickstart2employment's policy relating to the promotional of equality and diversity.
The postholder will be responsible for assisting in the identification and undertaking of his/her own training and development requirements in accordance with kickstart2employment's continual professional development policy.
call 01978 806 285 or email email@example.com