k2e and North Wales Police Host Prevent Workshop
(Posted on 19/11/18)
Training provider kickstart2employment has liaised with Sergeant Neal Parkes of North Wales Police to raise awareness of Prevent, which forms part of the Government’s counter-terrorism strategy.
Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent (WRAP) is supported by both community associations and education organisations, including Forum Housing, Remploy, ForFutures and QEwC.
Participants aim to:
- Obtain an understanding of the Government’s Preventing Extremism Agenda and the duty it imposes on individuals working in selected institutions and organisations;
- Appreciate Prevent is based on vulnerability and safeguarding individuals from violent extremism ideology, irrespective of the cause or sympathy;
- Clarify the misconceptions and common misunderstandings concerning Prevent, particularly the spying accusations with which Prevent has been stigmatised since its inception;
- Obtain an awareness of the common traits, behaviours and indicators evident in those individuals at risk of violent extremist persuasion;
- Receive a professional and socially relevant insight into Prevent in North Wales.
k2e will actively raise awareness of Prevent with both employed and unemployed learners through the delivery of apprenticeships, diplomas and classroom-based training courses. By incorporating Prevent and British Values into our learning activities, we will work with our partners to ensure learners and their employees are suitably informed and safeguarded.
call 01978 806 285 or email email@example.com